It’s crucially important to keep your windows clean. There are many ways one can keep their windows clean. For instance, one can buy Window Shades and blinds which are known to collect dust, hair, and other dirt, thereby keeping the windows cleaner. Nonetheless, there are those who might prefer to clean their windows at regular intervals rather than buy shades.
Many homeowners choose to wash their windows during the warmer summer and spring months, when the weather is more forgiving. Proper cleaning is required at least once or twice a year to prevent windows from getting irrecoverably damaged. And once a window is infected, the next best step would have to be hiring professionals for a new window installation in Denver Colorado (if that is where you live). However, you need not worry if you have just missed one springtime cleaning appointment. If you’ve missed your window (no pun intended) to get your cleaning done, or feel that there’s some buildup of dirt and grime on your windows at the moment, here are some helpful tips on how to clean your windows during the winter.
Winter Cleaning Essentials
In order to best clean your windows during the cold winter months, you’ll need the following tools and equipment.
- A Squeegee-this is an essential item, since it’s what you’ll be using to scrape away any dirt and grime from your window panes.
- A Towel-you don’t want to use paper towels here, since they’ll easily get soaked and potentially freeze over. Instead use a thick, durable towel or series of rags.
- Thick Rubber Gloves-If you want to put regular gloves underneath these gloves for added warmth, that would be a good idea. However, make sure the outermost layer is thick rubber or plastic. You want something waterproof so that your gloves don’t soak up water and turn to ice.
- A Winter Window Cleaning Solution-regular cleaning solution is likely to freeze in low temperatures. To make an effective cleaning solution that will not turn to ice, add one part of warm water to two parts of windshield washer fluid you would use in your car.
- Warm Clothing-a coat and hat to protect you from the elements, along with boots to keep your feet warm.
Once you’ve gotten your essentials, it’s time to get to work.
First Steps To Clean Your Windows
First you will want to prepare your winter window cleaning solution and get your squeegee and towel. Once you’ve finished that, you should bundle up for the elements. Put on your coat, hats, gloves, and boots. Once you’re ready, it’s time to brave the outdoors.
How To Clean Your Windows
Once you’ve reached the outside of your windows, you will want to apply the window cleaning solution however you see fit. You can apply it manually with a sponge or a soaked rag, or you can place the solution in a spray bottle. If you’re not so fond of doing all the dirty work, try hiring window cleaning experts from firms like Aqua Pro Company.
Either way, you’ll want to ensure that you don’t oversaturate the windows. You don’t want to have the solution dripping off from the windows and onto your window sills or the exterior of your home. Apply just enough so that the entire window is coated with the solution.
Once you’ve applied your winter window cleaning solution, it’s just a matter of removing it with your squeegee. Take your squeegee and carefully but firmly drag it down the window, from top to bottom. After each use, take your towel to wipe off any solution and dirt from the previous pass.
Continue the process until you’ve scraped the entire window. It’s okay if there’s some solution still left, simply take your towel and wipe that off.
Your windows should be clean. Take a few minutes to check the windows and see if there are any smudges, streaks, or dirt that you might have missed. If you spot imperfections, clean the windows again using the same method until you are satisfied that your windows are sparkling and spot-free.
Apparently, if you feel that some spots are too tough to be removed, the problem might be with the window panes and not your cleaning procedure. In that case, it would be wise to consult a St. Louis Window Replacement firm (or any firm nearby your house) and get those panes replaced for a new and improved look.
If You’d Rather Stay Out of the Cold, Hire a Professional
Of course, you can always save yourself the hassle by hiring licensed window cleaning professionals like you’ll find at A-1 Cleaning Service, LLC. We specialize in dependable window cleaning services to residential, retail, and commercial properties of all sizes in Humboldt County.