The best way for the big domestic cleaning is usually the fastest, the cheapest and the easiest way of cleaning. However, that`s the perfect way to keep the house clean, rather than deep cleaning all the floor coverings, furnishings, upholstery and other objects. Next is a short list with pros and cons of the house cleaning and you can look at the pros as easy tricks as well. For example:
– Begin the house cleaning with the most soiled objects like carpets, rugs, tile floors in the kitchen, the walls in the bathroom. The kitchen equipment also get dirty quite easily and quickly, and so it`s a good idea to start with.
– Make homemade detergent solutions instead of buying a dozen of them from the store. It`s just needed to mix some of the most powerful degreasers and detergents that you already have at home. They may include soap, shampoo, dishwashing detergent, salt, baking soda, etc.
– For truly persistent and heavily soiled spots – a better advice is to call a professional cleaning company rather than trying to clean it by yourself. If you don`t know the exact type of your rugs and carpets fibers, for example, you risk to damage them. Inappropriate use of powerful detergents can also lead to discoloration, dryness or shrinking of the fibers. Yet the professional cleaners know which type of detergent and cleaning solution are best for the heavily dirty objects.
– Wipe of dust at least a couple of hours after finishing with the deep cleaning or even on the next day. Thus, you will give enough time to the dust to accumulate on the surfaces and then to wipe it of easier and quicker.
– Deodorize and sanitize your house right after cleaning. There are plenty of tips and tricks for the impeccable sanitizing activity and it`s truly recommended if you have pets at home.
– Mopping every day will ensure cleanliness and fresh look of the floorings with flat surfaces. From laminate floorings to the tiles in the bathroom – mopping is as easy as quick and it`s definitely worth it. It will keep the clean effect for a longer time and so it will reduce the need for deep cleaning of the entire house.
Or else, let`s take a look at the CONS and try to avoid them:
– Cleaning Oriental carpets and rugs with a hot-steam cleaning machine is a mistake that can damage the yet sensitive fibers. The same applies for a myriad of other types of carpets and rugs, for example, handmade carpets, lavishly appointed carpets with very sharp colors, old carpets and more.
– Exposing the already cleaned carpets and floor coverings on a direct sunlight in order to enhance the evaporation and so to reduce the drying time is another risky thing. Especially if you plan a big spring cleaning or in the summertime maybe, the powerful sunshine can make your rugs and carpets visually unpleasing for only a few hours.
– Letting the kids to play over newly cleaned floorings and furnishings can lead to breathing unhealthy bacteria left over the surfaces or volatile chemical compounds. Even the hot-steam cleaning systems provide a tiny little chance of such a risk, although these cleaning machines can leave surfaces completely dry and ready to use.
– Cleaning windows, tiles, grout lines, kitchen equipment or other objects with a homemade detergent is one of the easiest and yet useful ways to achieve a good result, but only when you regularly change the water. Cleaning with a dirty cloth or rubbing a stain with a dirty brush can only spread the dirty stain.